Patmos Library Policy
Patmos Library Depot Room is available for booking by non-profit/civic organizations in the Patmos Library service area.
The scheduling of library programs and activities in the library Depot Room will take priority over the scheduling of meetings for outside groups and organizations. In the event the Depot Room becomes unavailable on the date of your reservation, you will be notified as soon as possible to make other arrangements.
Dates are booked using first come, first served method. All bookings must be made through the Patmos Public Library at the circulation desk. Reservations will be made as one booking per day.
Patmos Library, PO BOX 87 Jamestown, MI 49427 (616) 896-9798
Hours: 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Monday & Thursday
10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Saturday
- A $100.00 deposit is due at the time of application and is in addition to the rental fee of $75.00 per day requested. Audiovisual equipment may be available for use at an additional charge of $25.00 per day requested. Your deposit check holds your reservation date and time. Reserved time and date cannot be changed without the approval of the Library Director.
- The deposit of $100.00 will be refunded based on the condition of the Depot Room and restrooms.
- Deposit must be collected by RESPONSIBLE PERSON within two weeks of Depot Room reservation or RESPONSIBLE PERSON forfeits $100.00 deposit.
- Reservations must be made four weeks in advance.
- Cancellations must be submitted two weeks in advance. Failure to do so will result in the forfeit of deposit.
- RESPONSIBLE PERSON must submit two separate forms of payment at time of application. A $100.00 deposit and a separate $75.00 room fee are required per day reserved.
- Patmos Library accepts cash or checks only. Checks may be made out to Patmos Library.
The depot room hours of operation are from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. The depot room may not be used after 8:00 p.m.
Room Capacity: 100
_________ Responsible Person Initials
The person booking the depot room will be known as the RESPONSIBLE PERSON. Patmos Library will be known as PL.
- The RESPONSIBLE PERSON must be free of any debt or monetary responsibility to PL. The RESPONSIBLE PERSON must not have any overdue materials with PL at the time of booking.
- Only individuals 18 years of age or older may book the Depot Room.
- A DEPOT ROOM RESERVATION APPLICATION must be filled out completely on file by the RESPONSIBLE PERSON and approved (for each booking request) at PL before a date can be reserved or booked.
- Reservations will be accepted no more than twelve months in advance.
- The RESPONSIBLE PERSON must be the one to submit the deposit and room fee as well as be in attendance during the entire event booked.
- The Director has the right to preview, restrict, or prohibit any materials to be viewed, shown, or distributed on library premises. This includes, but is not restricted to, profitable items; handouts, flyers, videos, filmstrips, agendas, subject guides, and handbooks.
- Audiovisual equipment may be available upon request.
- The RESPONSIBLE PERSON will be held liable for any and all damages to the building, building materials, equipment, furnishings, etc. while using the library facility. If there are any damages found, the renter will forfeit entire deposit.
- With the exception of the Friends of the Library group, the Depot Room will not be available for money-raising or commercial purposes. Groups using the library room may not charge admission or charge for material(s) that are distributed at meetings or workshops.
- Smoking is prohibited in the PL facility. Smoking is prohibited by the law in all meeting rooms.
- Serving of light refreshments should be indicated at the time the room is booked. The group using the meeting room will have to provide its own coffee, coffee pot, utensils, paper goods, refreshments, coolers, etc. A kitchenette is available for use. PL will not supply a refrigerator or microwave. No red or stain-producing beverages allowed.
- No alcoholic beverages will be allowed on the library premises.
- Decorations, signs, etc. to the walls, windows or woodwork is not allowed. A sign on the door is permitted upon the approval of the Library Director.
- Fire exits and hallways must remain clear at all times. No open flames inside building, as per state fire regulations (i.e. candles, etc.)
- A telephone for use by the public is not available in the PL building. Please do not plan to receive phone calls or phone messages at the library during your reservation.
- The Depot Room must be returned (setup) to the condition in which it was found. Wipe tables and the removal of your own garbage. If library cleaning costs exceed the deposit, the RESPONSIBLE PERSON is responsible for all cost incurred.
- Failure of securing PL property will result in denial of Depot Room privileges, forfeit of deposit and possible prosecution against the RESPONSIBLE PERSON. If a library key has been copied, the RESPONSIBLE PERSON will be prosecuted.
- Library entry doors must remain closed at all times. Failure to do so will result in forfeit of deposit.
- PL and Jamestown Township will not be responsible for any accidents of any kind.
- PL and Jamestown Township will not be liable for theft, vandalism or damage to any personal property while on PL premises.
- PL and Jamestown Township are not responsible for damages incurred from the use of PL equipment, furnishings, etc.
- No rentals on Sunday or on any day the library is closed.
- All renters must vacate the building no later than 8:00 p.m.
- Donations are appreciated.
- Teachers may reserve the Depot Room free of charge to facilitate working with a class on a project that would require research at the library. Advance reservation is recommended. No deposit or room fee is required.
______ Responsible Person Initials