Goals of Patmos Library
1) To serve all residents of the community.
2) To acquire and make available such books, periodicals, music, movies, Internet access, and other services that will address the community’s need to a) become informed b) cultivate imaginative and creative expressions d) develop skills for career and vocational advancement e) enjoy leisure by means of reading and other forms of media services.
3) To acquire the means to provide the most frequently requested materials locally and upon demand.
4) To maintain a program of services which locates information, guides reading, organizes and interprets materials for people of various backgrounds and abilities, and stimulates thinking and intellectual development in individuals of any age.
5) To strive constantly to discover new methods and improvements for better services for the library’s patrons.
6) To review regularly these goals and, if necessary, revise them in the light of new developments.
Whom We Serve
The library will serve all residents of the Jamestown community as well those belonging to Lakeland Library Cooperative member libraries. Service will not be denied or abridged because of religious, racial, social, economic, or political status; or because of mental, emotional, or physical condition; age; or sexual orientation.
The use of the library may be denied for due cause. Such causes may be a failure to return library materials or to pay penalties, destruction of library property, disturbance of other patrons, or any other illegal, disruptive, or objectionable conduct on library premises.